Saturday, January 15, 2011

Bali Diving

There isn't that much to say about Bali Diving - It was good and fun eventhough we didn't get to see any mola-molas or manta rays. That was disappointing but oh well, what could we do? We still had a fantastic four days diving in the East and Scuba Seraya is the best in my opinion, eventhough it was 3-4 hours away. We booked in to dive with Bali International Diving Professionals in Sanur.

Our pick up


BIDP

So this post is mainly just pictures and pictures and more pictures. The boy has a much better camera than me - so the different standards in pictures. But he got me the newer version of his recently, so next time maybe my pictures will be just as good!! :)








My first clear look of an octopus :D
*a little overexposed picture*




Banded snake
*My first encounter and frankly, it kinda freaked me out*




His signature shot :)


@ Manta Point
*or Batu Belumbong (I think) if you don't see any Mantas.. :P*


Fire Goby




Giant Puffy




Christmas came early..




I love this shot


And now for some of Scuba Seraya!

We only had 3 dives there I think, but it was all fabulous! I love searching and pleasantly surprised by what I find at the bottom. The hide and seek games with the marines life that attempts to camouflage. It's so rewarding. Eventhough I almost died there. Okay, maybe not die - but perhaps on the way to a pneumothorax.

I was happily diving along with the rest, staying at the back as I was taking some pictures. The dive master, I suppose, was pretty happy with our skills and hence was happy to sort of let us go at our own pace without hovering over us. But at one point, my weight belt fell off and I was starting to float to the surface (we were probably at about 15-20m?). I was kicking so furiously to get to SY and luckily he turned back to look for me (probably his every 2-3 minute check on me) and saw me in distress. Looking back, as we couldn't reach for my weight belt he handed me a piece of rock. It's quite funny now, but at that time, I honestly thought this might be the end of my diving adventures (As people with history of penumothoraces are not recommended to continue diving). And so we were, trying to stay at the bottom and trying to replace my weight belt after. Lucky for me again, the divemaster turned back this time and quickly came to help me. I was so relieved when I saw him!!

And well after that, we just continued our dives as usual. LOL. Typical!




Shrimps galore




Jacks


Swimming with the Jacks




Peek-a-boo


The colours are always brilliant on his camera!



And we spent the last day of our dive in East Bali trying to spot for mola mola (although I knew it was impossible to sight them at that temperature) and perhaps for some manta. But to my dismay, neither of the two. Sigh... Will have to come back in the future!


Nurse shark


No comments:

Post a Comment